Subject: Re: Solved: SIGSEGV with x11/lablgtk (net/unison won't work)
To: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/28/2007 10:27:45
Chavdar, I can only suggest that you do a full deinstall+install
of both unison and mldonkey-gui.  I'm successfully syncing with
unison, and mldonkey seems to be working (caveat: I've never used
mldonkey, so don't really know how to put it through its paces).

What is the command-line you're using to invoke unison, BTW?

Of course there could be other, more subtle issues :-(  If a full
recompile/reinstall of lablgtk, unison, and mldonkey-gui doesn't
work, then I suggest you:

 1. Build glib2 after passing `--enable-debug=yes' to its configure,
    and build using `gmake DEBUG=1'.  This will link the glib2 libraries
    with debugging symbols.

 2. Set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the built glib2 libraries.
    I use something like the following:

	for dir in /tmp/obj/devel/glib2/work/glib*/*/.libs; do
	    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$dir:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
	done
	export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

    Then

	ldd /tmp/obj/x11/lablgtk/work/lablgtk*/src/lablgtk2 | grep gobject

    should show the newly-built glib2 gobject dll.

Then report back with a stacktrace for mlgui.

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
      "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli