Re: Visual display of package dependency graph?

> A long time ago (and in a universe far far away) I seem to remember
> there was a package utility that would visually display all of the
> installed packages and their interdependencies.  But I can't remember
> what it was called, and none of the packages in pkgsrc/pkgtools seems
> quite right.
>
> Any hints?

reed@puget:~/pkgsrc$ cat pkgtools/pkgdepgraph/DESCR
pkgdepgraph prints out a "dot" language specification of the
inter-dependencies of your installed packages.  The "dot" language
is interpreted by the graphviz package to make graphs.  There are
several uses for such information.

(1) A graphical representation of information is always good to
look at.

(2) The output itself can be sorted and filtered to provide a list
of packages to delete in order that they can be rebuilt (to replace
out-of-date components).

(3) You can visually estimate the work involved in (or impact of)
removing a given component in order to replace it.