Re: Problems trying to debug pkgsrc/mail/milter-greylist

On Nov 22, 2007, at 11:22, Chris Ross wrote:
On Nov 22, 2007, at 04:26, Michael-John Turner wrote:
Another possibility is to build milter-greylist using pth rather than
native threads. I had a lot of crashes with my 3.1 system when using clamav with native threads, but since switching to pth it's been rock solid, even with fairly high paging. May require some edits to system headers (the PREFER_NATIVE_PTHREADS=NO and PTHREAD_TYPE=pth pkgsrc build options are not
perfect), but it's more than likely possible.

  I can try this too.  Do you just suggest those two options to a
pkgsrc "make" of mail/milter-greylist might do much [if not all] of
the work?

  Okay, trying that makes it fail on the autoconf checks for libmilter,
because the compilation of the test program fails to link looking for
pthread_detach.  I see that /usr/lib/libpthread.a (and presumedly .so)
has:

dumbo% nm /usr/lib/libpthread.a | grep pthread_det
0000000000001680 T pthread_detach

  And pth's pthread.a has:

dumbo% nm /usr/pkg/lib/libpthread.a | grep pthread_det
00000000000023c0 T __pthread_detach

  Any ideas as to why?  This a pth issue?  Adding pkgsrc-users to the
list, in case someone else there knows more about devel/pth.

                     - Chris