Re: Need a fix for xfixes...

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Andrew Ball wrote:

> Hello Jeremy,
>
>   JCR> What are you using for X? (Native with your Linux system? All X
>      > from pkgsrc?)
>
> The one that shipped (and seems compulsory) with this Linux:-
>
>     $ X -version
>     X Window System Version 6.8.2
>     Release Date: 9 February 2005
>     X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.8.2
>     Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.12-4.yhpc.1g5-smp ppc [ELF]
>     Current Operating System: Linux roybook 2.6.15-rc5.ydl.1 #1
>     Wed Jan 4 16:25:38 EST 2006 ppc
>     Build Date: 11 January 2006
>     Build Host: build.terraplex.com
>
>             Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org

Okay, X.org 6.8.2

>   JCR> What are you using for pkgsrc X11_TYPE?
>
> I've tried X11_TYPE=xorg and X11_TYPE=modular.

X11_TYPE=xorg no longer exists.

You could probably use the default X11_TYPE=native -- but you may need the
many X development headers packages installed too.

>   JCR> See pkgsrc/x11/libXfixes/
>
>     .
>     :
>     checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
>     checking for X... configure: error: Package requirements (x11)
>     were not met: No package 'x11' found
>     :
>
> Perhaps I should try building X from pkgsrc.  That makes me a little
> nervous because making X work on this adaptor/display combination was
> more challenging than it should have been.

There are different parts: libraries, server(s), and clients. Maybe
continue to use your server, but try clients from pkgsrc.

Back to your original problem...

1) What specific package did you have trouble with? (Please don't say
xcursor or Xfixes or libXfixes but the application you wanted.)

2) Remove your X11_TYPE or change it to "native".

3) make clean clean-depends

4) make -- and let us know more details about the errors.

It is hard to guess what to help with without knowing what package you are
trying to build.

  Jeremy C. Reed