Subject: cvs [update aborted]: could not find desired version
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Clayton <ckoeni@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/11/2007 15:47:36
Hi,

I am trying to update my pkgsrc tree with the usual "cvs update -dP".
cvs is repeatedly flaking out, for example in /usr/pkgsrc/net/:

cvs -q update -dP
? GeoIP/work
? host/hacks.mk
? host/patches
? httptunnel/Makefile
? httptunnel/distinfo
? p5-Net/work
? wpa_gui/work
U gtk_wicontrol/DESCR
U gtk_wicontrol/Makefile
U gtk_wicontrol/PLIST
U gtk_wicontrol/distinfo
U gtk_wicontrol/patches/patch-aa
U gtk_wicontrol/patches/patch-ab
U gtk_wicontrol/patches/patch-ac
U gtk_wicontrol/patches/patch-ad
U gtk_wicontrol/patches/patch-ae
RCS file: /cvsroot/pkgsrc/net/host/DESCR,v
retrieving revision 1.1
retrieving revision 1.3
Merging differences between 1.1 and 1.3 into DESCR
host/DESCR already contains the differences between 1.1 and 1.3
cvs update: warning: host/MESSAGE is not (any longer) pertinent
RCS file: /cvsroot/pkgsrc/net/host/Makefile,v
retrieving revision 1.12
retrieving revision 1.17
Merging differences between 1.12 and 1.17 into Makefile
host/Makefile already contains the differences between 1.12 and 1.17
cvs [update aborted]: could not find desired version 1.4
in /cvsroot/pkgsrc/net/host/PLIST,v

Then if I " rm -rf host" and try again:

cvs -q update -dP
? GeoIP/work
? httptunnel/Makefile
? httptunnel/distinfo
? p5-Net/work
? wpa_gui/work
U host/DESCR
U host/Makefile
U host/PLIST
U host/distinfo
U host/hacks.mk
U host/patches/patch-aa
U host/patches/patch-ab
U host/patches/patch-ac
cvs [update aborted]: could not find desired version 1.2
in /cvsroot/pkgsrc/net/httptunnel/DESCR,v

This is happening on NetBSD i386 4.0_RC3.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Clayton