Subject: Need some help for setting up a binary repo of pkgsrc packages (WAS: Re: modular-xorg-drivers fail to compile on Solaris SXCE b73)
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gueven Bay <gueven.bay@googlemail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/01/2007 10:58:03
>>On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 07:28:54AM +0100, Gueven Bay wrote:
>> NowI tried to compile modular-xorg-drivers.
>
>I don't think DRM is supported at all and all drives using DRM will
>fail. In short: I don't support this.
>
>Joerg

Hello,

I am in the process of compiling and collecting a repository of binary
packages made with pkgsrc  for Slackware, FreeBSD and OpenSolaris(aka
Solaris SXCE) - to make pkgsrc more known -. This repo should go
online in the next few days.

I already have compiled many packages for Slackware, FreeBSD and also
for OpenSolaris - at this stage mostly developer packages from lang
and devel -. I worked hard to get a maximum number of packages
compiled without disturbing anyone here with error reports by just
ignoring the packages which didn't built and "jumping" to the next
package. But just now I am stuck at compiling modular X11 on Solaris.

Yesterday I got the answer from Joerg above which didn't help me.

Give me some tips please, how to succeed in compiling X11.
I think that there are many people out there who use X11 on Solaris
which is compiled with pkgsrc. What are the right settings in mk.conf?
Which compiler did you use (SUNWspro or gcc)?

regards
Gueven