Subject: modular-xorg-libs fail to compile on Solaris SXCE b73
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gueven Bay <gueven.bay@googlemail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/31/2007 07:06:35
Hello to all,

My "bmake package" for modular-xorg-libs on my Solaris SXCE b73
machine fails with the message at the bottom of this mail.

What can I do to successfully compile modular-xorg-libs? I already
tried to set X11_TYPE=xorg but then I get another error message at the
begin of the process.

I always make modular-xorg-libs then modular-xorg-drivers then
modular-xorg-fonts  then modular-xorg-apps - at least under Linux I
use this order successfully -. Is this the recommended order or should
I use another order - for Solaris -?

regards
Gueven

The error message ( I can give you more lines before this message if
you need them to help me):

checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no
checking for FS... sh: gnome-config: not found
configure: error: Package requirements (xproto fontsproto) were not met:

No package 'xproto' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FS_CFLAGS
and FS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/libFS
WARNING: *** Please consider adding c++ to USE_LANGUAGES in the
package Makefile.
WARNING: *** Please consider adding fortran to USE_LANGUAGES in the
package Makefile.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/x11/libFS
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-libs