Re[2]: php4, php5 with gd problem (umlaut and special characters)

Hello Zafer,

thank you for your answer.
First i have to say, that i'm not an php programmer and i did not know
much about php, i "only" have to administrate the system.

I testet the output of the database (mysql, utf-8, set names utf-8 is
used).
The output of the database seems to be utf-8.
" echo chunk_split(bin2hex($text1), 2, ' ');" gives " 5f c3 bc c3 b6 c3 a4 5f
5f "
This are the codes of the characters i used.

So what should i convert with iconv?
I tested to convert the output of the database (utf-8) to ISO-8859-1.
This did also not work.

Regards
Reinhold