Problems with gnome

Hello!

I installed gnome over modular xorg and I'm having some problems. Most important to me is that keyboard switcher doesn't work (I'm russian). I cannot add any layouts and when I'm trying to change group switch shortcut it show this:

-------------------
Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
10300000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
------------------------------

BTW, it worked with XF86 from base package.

Another thing is that totem (with gstreamer) doesn't work at all.When starting it says "Could not initialize supporting library." and following messages appear in .xsession-errors:

--------------------
(totem:28923): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_set_bus: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(totem:28923): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_set_state: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed
** Message: Error: Could not initialise supporting library.
gstautovideosink.c(255): gst_auto_video_sink_detect (): /video-sink/bin0/autovideosink0:
Failed to find a supported video sink

Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x2600003 specified for 0x26000a6 ().
I remember this happened in FreeBSD 2 or 3 releases earlier.

Nautilus doesn't work at all as well. It starts but when I'm changing the directory it crashes. And evolution also doesn't work. Actually it starts and some functions are there but I cannot configure even one account because it can't initialize main form in account configuration wizard.

Do these problems appear to me only? Maybe I did something wrong in general?

Alexey Lebedev
---