Re: 2007Q2 bootstrap issues on Solaris 10

Malcolm Herbert wrote:
I'm trying to set up a clean pkgsrc build area inside a Solaris 10
zone to do bulk builds but am having issues getting the bootstrap
properly installed. Because of idiosyncrasies with the intended install
environment, I've had to set things up to install into /usr/local
instead of the usual /usr/pkg directory tree, hence the need to keep
this build segregated from the rest of the system.

So, I created the zone and populated it and set up the SUNWspro compiler
etc, etc. Building the bootstrap seemed to work OK, but it failed at the
package registration step with the following messages:

|# sh ./bootstrap --workdir work.sunos-5.10-sparc --prefix /usr/local
--pkgdbdir /store/pkgsrc/db --pkgmandir
|# /usr/local/man --sysconfdir /usr/local/etc --varbase /var

please use ksh instead of sh, because the latter might be /bin/sh, which is very broken.

--workdir should be an absolute path.

--pkgmandir should be the _sub_directory of PREFIX, not an absolute path.

Sorry that there is no plausibility check in bootstrap. I'll add them for 2004Q4.

Roland