Subject: Re: Testers for wip/skype wanted
To: Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de>
From: Shigeki UNO <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/13/2007 05:30:53
Mine isn't a success story but just a report, unfortunately.

When I tried calling from contact lists, skype always says
"Call Failed:Problem with Audio Playback" with both wip/skype and
net/skype.

I can't use skype on NetBSD(3.1.0_PATCH).

Does anyone use skype nicely under NetBSD like on Windows?
I've never heard that anyone can use it on NetBSD  without any problems.

2007/10/12, Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de>:
> Hello,
>
> a new version of skype has been released, this time with OSS support,
> which should greatly benefit NetBSD. However, when I tried using it (on
> NetBSD-4.99.30), it crashed with the following message:
>
>          terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RtError'
>
> Now I want to know if others have more success than I do. If you have,
> please tell me.
>
> Roland

---
Shigeki UNO