Re: pkg_chk fails w/ readonly pkgsrc tree

2007/10/12, Louis Guillaume <lguillaume%berklee.edu@localhost>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to update to pkgsrc-2007Q3 using pkg_comp. In mk.conf, I've
> put the following in mk.conf...
>
> PKGCHK_CONF=/etc/pkgchk.conf
>
> ... as the only pkg_chk related option. Here's the command line and how
> it fails...
>
> # pkg_chk -sukav
> [...]
> Variable PKGCHK_UPDATE_CONF =
> [...]
> /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_chk: line 853:
> /usr/pkgsrc/pkgchk_update-dhcp-206.zabrico.com.conf: Permission denied

     PKGCHK_UPDATE_CONF
           Pathname to temporary list of installed packages used when updat-
           ing.  If not set in environment then read from /etc/mk.conf.
           Defaults to ${PKGSRCDIR}/pkgchk_update-$(hostname).conf.  Note, if
           pkgsrc is being shared across multiple machines which may be updat-
           ing at the same time then it is important this file does not over-
           lap between machines.

Try to set it outside of pkgsrc.

morr

--