(structural?) devel/SDL: broken option handling on Slackware Lunix 10.2

Haai,

For some reason, devel/SDL's options.mk doesn't completely adhere to
option selection. To quote the file in question:

[snip]
.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Marts)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-arts
.include "../../audio/arts/buildlink3.mk"
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-arts
.endif
[!snip]

This would seem to imply that arts' buildlink3.mk is only included when
the 'arts' option is specified. However, clearing PKG_OPTIONS.SDL
explicitly in mk.conf still results in inclusion, causing it to build the
(currently broken; see the PR I filed once it emerges) audio/arts package,
even though it's not required. When commenting out the 'include', SDL
builds successfully.

I've done some simple tests, which indicate that bmake's conditional
inclusions are working fine. I've not been able to test this with other
packages yet, but it still seems like a structural problem to me
personally. Anyone got any thoughts on what's going here?

This was using branch 2007Q2 updated from CVS minutes ago. A rebootstrap
had no measurable effect on this issue.

Baai,

De Zeurkous

Friggin' Machines!