Re: Linux: gtk2+ faild too

Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

> In that sense Linux is very close to be "not supported".
> No periodic bulk builds - no attention from developers - no quality.

I just tried to recreate the problem on a Debian Sarge virtual server.
"Unfortunately" gtk2 built successfully, no problem during
substitution of __PTHREAD_FLAGS__,

  ===> Configuring for gtk2+-2.12.0nb1
  => Fixing pthread flags.
  => Checking for portability problems in extracted files

  $ file work/gtk+-2.12.0/gdk-pixbuf/Makefile.in
  work/gtk+-2.12.0/gdk-pixbuf/Makefile.in: ASCII English text, with very
  long lines

  $ file work/gtk+-2.12.0/gdk-pixbuf/Makefile.in | egrep "(executable .*
script|shell script|text|Assembler source|libtool|Quake I or II world or
extension|XML)" > /dev/null; echo $?
  0

  $ ls -al work/.tools/bin/file
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 heinz heinz 13 Oct  3 15:16 work/.tools/bin/file -> /usr/bin/file

On the other hand, I agree with Aleksey and stated that on the mailing
lists before: the "subst" check for text files should go. It has caused
problems several times already.

ciao
     Klaus