Re: Updating pkg_install on NetBSD 4

On Feb 18, 11:19am, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
} On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 07:28:41AM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
} > } Variant 2b (still for "custom" builds):
} > } Before running build.sh, the user also gets a pkgsrc tree and sets the
} > } MKPKGSRC option (or whatever) similiar to MKX11. The bootstrap is
} > } cross-compiled as part of the release build.
} >
} >      I assume this goes for official release builds as well.  I don't
} > know what releng will think of this idea.  The problems that I see are
} > having to have a pkgsrc checkout available and how to ensure that
} > release builds are reproducable.
}
} Given that the pkgsrc checkout can be shared between the releases, it
} shouldn't be too bad. Reproducablity is somewhat ensured by using a
} pkgsrc branch. We have to be a bit more careful about when to alter
} versions in pkgsrc and when not, but that should be managable.

     Pullups are made to pkgsrc branches.  Would tags be provided so
that one could get the exact code used in a particular release?

}-- End of excerpt from Joerg Sonnenberger