Re: Updating pkg_install on NetBSD 4

Did I miss something?

No. This behaviour was changed as it created more problems than it
fixed.

Ah, Ok.

Due to the default settings for $PATH the old versions in /usr/sbin are still the ones that are picked up.

On the command line or by pkgsrc? pkgsrc itself should pick up the new
version, otherwise you can set PKG_TOOLS_BIN to /usr/pkg/sbin.

Yes, command line. How do I get the new versions used when I e.g. just type "pkg_info"?

Are there plans to remove the old tools from base then? I think this would be a good idea.

I haven't checked if pkgsrc itself picks up the new versions correctly (didn't install further packages after pkg_install yet), how can I do this?

PS: Sorry for this unreferenced reply, I forgot to ask for being CC'd since I'm not subscribed. Please CC me on the next reply.

--
Bye, Chris