Subject: Re: Updating pkg_install on NetBSD 4
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@arcor.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/23/2007 21:07:42
>> Did I miss something?
>
> No. This behaviour was changed as it created more problems than it
> fixed.

Ah, Ok.

>> Due to the default settings for $PATH the old versions in /usr/sbin are
>> still the ones that are picked up.
>
> On the command line or by pkgsrc? pkgsrc itself should pick up the new
> version, otherwise you can set PKG_TOOLS_BIN to /usr/pkg/sbin.

Yes, command line. How do I get the new versions used when I e.g. just type
"pkg_info"?

Are there plans to remove the old tools from base then? I think this would
be a good idea.

I haven't checked if pkgsrc itself picks up the new versions correctly
(didn't install further packages after pkg_install yet), how can I do this?

PS: Sorry for this unreferenced reply, I forgot to ask for being CC'd since
I'm not subscribed. Please CC me on the next reply.

--
Bye, Chris