Subject: Re: Re: qemu, bridge and wireless
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/22/2007 18:43:53
--W9xFwOr4e03bkzx5

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 06:19:38PM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 22 2007 - 14:25, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 12:10:34PM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >=20
> > > I have installed qemu 0.9.0 on NetBSD 4.99.30.
> > > My network card is a wireless "Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 3945ABG Mini-PCI
> > > Adapter".
> > >=20
> > > I have check the Makefile that ships with qemu but my VM can't ping t=
he
> > > external network. The VM can ping my laptop's IP and my laptop can pi=
ng
> > > the VM's IP. I have enabled IP forwarding on the laptop but paquets
> > > don't seem to go out the bridge.
> > >=20
> > > Any idea on what I missed ?
> >=20
> > You can't bridge a wpi.  I don't think you can bridge with any of
> > NetBSD's wireless drivers:  not only you need a card that supports
> > having as many associations to the AP as required, but of course you
> > need the software support.
> >=20
>=20
> OK... and would it make sense to have all qemu interfaces in bridge0 and
> do some NAT between wpi0 and bridge0 ?

Sure.  You affect an IP address to one of the tap interface and you make
it the default route for the VMs.

> The thing is, my laptop's wired NIC is not recognised (yet) by NetBSD so
> wpi0 is my only way out to the Internet :-)

What kind of device is it?  It's probably not to hard to add support for
it.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--W9xFwOr4e03bkzx5

--W9xFwOr4e03bkzx5--