Subject: Re: qemu, bridge and wireless
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/22/2007 15:07:56
--KNAbaO+RG+KCl9Km

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 08:57:20AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net> writes:
>=20
> > You can't bridge a wpi.  I don't think you can bridge with any of
> > NetBSD's wireless drivers:  not only you need a card that supports
> > having as many associations to the AP as required, but of course you
> > need the software support.
>=20
> I had never thought of that, but I see your point.  Thoughts arising:
>=20
> 1) If it doesn't work brconfig should fail.

Well, it works if the interface is in AP mode...  Maybe add an ethercap
flag?

> 2) I wonder if another encapsulation would enable this to work.  My
> 802.11 spec memory is very fuzzy at this point, but I recall a way to
> carry 802.3 frames in 802.11, rather than the encapsulation that puts
> only the data and puts the 802.3 addresses in the 802.11 header.

But would you expect the AP to support that?

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--KNAbaO+RG+KCl9Km

--KNAbaO+RG+KCl9Km--