Subject: Re: qemu, bridge and wireless
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/22/2007 14:25:03
--GmuS80z8CDsfIMz9

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 12:10:34PM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I have installed qemu 0.9.0 on NetBSD 4.99.30.
> My network card is a wireless "Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 3945ABG Mini-PCI
> Adapter".
>=20
> I have check the Makefile that ships with qemu but my VM can't ping the
> external network. The VM can ping my laptop's IP and my laptop can ping
> the VM's IP. I have enabled IP forwarding on the laptop but paquets
> don't seem to go out the bridge.
>=20
> Any idea on what I missed ?

You can't bridge a wpi.  I don't think you can bridge with any of
NetBSD's wireless drivers:  not only you need a card that supports
having as many associations to the AP as required, but of course you
need the software support.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--GmuS80z8CDsfIMz9

--GmuS80z8CDsfIMz9--