Subject: Re: minimo for pkgsrc?
To: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/13/2007 08:56:39
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 11:09 Uhr -0500 12.09.2007, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > Has anyone packaged minimo for pkgsrc? (Or planning to work on it?)
>
> Minimo might make an interesting browser for the Lesser Platforms, where
> Dillo doesn't cut it?

Dillo is fine, but missing many features.

I am hoping to use Minimo instead of firefox. It is disappointing to me to
have web browsers become slower and slower even though I get newer
and faster hardware and more memory.

Old Netscape Navigator is faster on a 100Mhz machine with 48MB of memory
than Firefox is today on 1000Mhz CPU with 1024MB of memory. For several
years on a 400Mhz system with 128MB memory, I used Navigator for BSD/OS on
NetBSD. It was usually stable and had acceptable speed and I could have it
open for over 45 days at a time often with over 40 browser windows. Now
Firefox for me is so slow on much faster systems, it is near unusable.

  Jeremy C. Reed