Subject: Re: djbdns/dnscache extgernal IP
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@pkgsrc.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/04/2007 23:12:16
Gergo Szakal wrote:

> Thank you, the dnscache_ip variable did the trick. But can I specify
> multiple listening IP's somehow? Like dnscache_ip="127.0.0.1,
> 192.168.0.1"? Or just set it to 0.0.0.0?

Do you really need to listen on multiple IPs? If you want the machine
that's running a cache for your internal network to use that same cache,
just point /etc/resolv.conf at 192.168.0.1. What are you trying to do?

If you really need to listen on any and all IPs, 0.0.0.0 should work. If
you really need to listen on multiple specific IPs, you need multiple
dnscache services. This is a limitation of dnscache itself; you'd run
into it using DJB's install instructions, too.

(See also PR 30957.)