Re: libXrender broken also.[SEC = UNCLASSIFIED]

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 17:25 -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007, Paul (NCC/CS.) wrote:
>
> > configure: error: Package requirements (x11) were not met:
> >
> > No package 'x11' found
>
> This looks like X11_TYPE is not defined as "modular".
>
> I wonder if we should have this fail with a more understandable error?

Ok Ok, please excuse denseness:))
but it looks like I have missed something here,
some significant happening in the NetBSD world perhaps?

That machine that produced this error is `not` running
X11 modular. It's just running the old Xfree86 standard X11.
So it doesn't have X11_TYPE defined as "modular".

Question is, should it?

Does all pkgsrc expect modular X11 now?
As in it won't compile things without it?

I honestly feel like I may have missed something here.
Is it NOT OK to NOT have X11_TYPE defined as "modular"
nowadays?

many thanks ,
Paul.