Re: skype is really stale

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, clayton wrote:

     The problem is that we don't have ALSA support in the kernel.  I
had previously looked at updating Skype, but got caught by this point,
so I was suprised that the update was made.

Until a comparable open source alternative shows up, I bet I am not the
only person who considers Skype an essential desktop tool. Being stuck
at 1.2 won't fly for very long.

        Maybe people could post a bounty for anyone who implements
        sufficient ALSA support in the kernel to run the Linux Skype
        binary. I know I'd put $50 towards it :)