Subject: xorg regression?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/20/2007 09:44:45
Hi,

On Saturday morning, I cvs update'ed my pkgsrc, deleted all packages and
rebuilt the package subset that I normally use.  Running the new version of
xorg, I see massive problems with keyboard input.  Both key down and key up
event are frequently missed (input characters are missing and keys keep
repeating until another key is pressed).  Also, the ctl-alt-esc and
ctl-alt-fn combinations are ignored.  Mouse events appear normal.  I have
also seen Xwindows hang a few times (some of hangs can be revocered by logging
in over the network and killing the X server).  On further examination, it
appears that the problems are only present when running a KDE component such
as konquerer (I do not have to run the KDE desktop to see the problems).

System is an IBM Thinkpad T42 (i386)
NetBSD abbor.fesk.com 4.99.29 NetBSD 4.99.29 (ABBOR) #6: Sat Aug 18 15:11:42
MDT 2007
toor@abbor.fesk.com:/usr/src/objdir/sys/arch/i386/compile.i386/ABBOR i386

The (relevant) xorg package changes appear to be:

-modular-xorg-server-1.2.0nb2 Xorg X11 Server from modular X.org X11
+modular-xorg-server-1.3.0.0nb1 Xorg X11 Server from modular X.org X11

-xf86-input-mouse-1.2.1 Modular Xorg mouse driver
-xf86-video-ati-6.6.99 Modular Xorg ATI video driver
+xf86-input-keyboard-1.2.0 Modular Xorg keyboard driver
+xf86-input-mouse-1.2.2 Modular Xorg mouse driver
+xf86-video-ati-6.6.3nb1 Modular Xorg ATI video driver

although I doubt the ATI driver change is relevant.

Reverting these packages (in particular modular-xorg-server-1.3.0.0nb1) seems
to resolve all the issues.

Sverre