Subject: Re: base system + pkgsrc software
To: Lieven De Keyzer <lieven.dekeyzer@gmail.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/15/2007 23:45:34
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Lieven De Keyzer wrote:

> > p.s. Since you use Linux from Scratch, you should simplify it as much as
> > possible and use pkgsrc components. I have done this a lot for a few years
> > to build pkgsrc-only Linux systems.
> >

> Another question on this matter: is everything on such a Linux system
> installed under /usr?

In my case, my LOCALBASE is /usr and my PKG_SYSCONFBASE=/etc. And I have
some packages that copy some essential tools to /bin and /sbin.

There was a some discussion years ago about some ideas to allow some
packages to install to different places like both /sbin and /usr/bin (in
same package). But that idea never got implemented.

  Jeremy C. Reed