Subject: Post-built trouble on Solaris (on any package)
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Backman <serenity@exscape.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/09/2007 23:46:23
Hi everybody,
I'm new to both Solaris and pkgsrc, 	so I don't quite know where to
begin. I'm running Solaris 10 on x86, and I checked out pkgsrc via
CVS about an hour ago.

My problem is that when/after pkgsrc is installing man pages, I get
this error:
=> Automatic manual page handling
=> Registering installation for <xxxxx>
pkg_admin: var_set: can't open temp file for '<xxxxx>/
+INSTALLED_INFO' for writing: No such file or directory
pkg_admin: Cannot process pkdbdb

This happens on any package. I first got the error when
bootstrapping, but on a second try (with no modifications) the
bootstrap succeeded.

On another note, the man page layout from pkgsrc packages is odd,
there are no newlines or such, just a huge wall of text, limited to
65 or so chars wide. Any ideas there as well?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

PS. I'm not subscribed to this list (yet), so please make sure to
reply to/cc me. DS.