What is Xaw??? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi ,
In building xbiff which fails, it complains :

configure: error: No suitable version of Xaw found

Can't find Xaw.
humphrey# which xaw
xaw: Command not found.
humphrey#

Pkglocate does not turn one up either.
Except for some libs.
Which won't build either! But that's another story.

I need Xaw
To build xbiff
To build modular-xorg-apps
To have Xorg xwindows
So that my nvidia card will work
So that I can use my new machine with evolution
So that I can cope with being forced to use uSoft Exchange by my
employer!

HELP --> in crisis.!

No wonder people give up and just use windoze......

Seriously guys does anyone else detect a pkgsrc crisis?
Or is it just me.
It's becoming really hard to maintain open source o/s in the workplace
Or anywhere.

Ok thanks!:)
Paul.