Re: pkg_summary

On 7/11/07, Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov%tut.by@localhost> wrote:

> I've slightly updated pkg_update_summary.
> Now it can update compressed summary file.
> I've also packaged it, see wip/pkg_update_summary.
> No manual page yet.

> Usage:
>   pkg_update_summary <summary_file> <bin_pkg_dir>

>  or

>   pkg_update_summary <summary_file> <bin_pkg_dir> <prefilter> <postfilter>

> Example:
>   pkg_update_summary /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/pkg_summary.gz \
>                      /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All \
>                      'gzip -dc' \
>                      'gzip -c'

3 weeks later...

Hmmm...   I am afflicted by such attitude to our problem.

Did anybody use/test pkg_update_summary script?
Any feedback?

I shall give you some test results little bit later.
Now I rsyncing packages-2007Q2/NetBSD-4.0/i386/All
and after it I'm run your pkg_update_summary script.

> Is there any progress in setting up cron jobs?
The same question.

Is there anybody interested in pkg_summary.gz file
in pkgsrc binary repository?

I'm very interested in fast binary pkgsrc updates. It would be
very convenient to me to work with binary packages.

P.S.
pkg_chk -ub can also be speeded up if you use local binaries.
Patch is available here (the latest one)

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=36298 .

O, It's nice. As I see from mailing lists and you PRs, you show a lot of
activity, I think it helps the project.

--
Yury Kamiakou.