Re: rename a DISTFILE at download time?

On 2007/07/03 21:12, reed wrote:
>> Is there a way in pkgsrc to rename a DISTFILE when it is downloaded?
>> The reason I'm asking is that x11/xpmicons downloads both KDEicons.tgz
>> and kdeicons.tgz, which results in breakage on case insensitive file
>> systems.  My thought is that an easy fix would be to save (remote file)
>> KDEicons.tgz as (local file) KDEicons_.tgz (say).  I don't see a way to
>> do this with a pre-* or post-* target.
>>
>> Is this possible?  Or is there a better pkgsrc solution for something
>> like this?
>
> Have a look at the pre-fetch target for an example in
> pkgsrc/net/vncviewer/Makefile
>
>   Jeremy C. Reed

Well, that really is the obvious answer.  :-)
It never occurred to me to use pre-fetch to do an actual fetch.

I think xpmicons may be a bit tricky, as it has 14 DISTFILES and many
MASTER_SITES (and some of the DISTFILES are no longer available on any of the
MASTER_SITES listed, and one of the MASTER_SITES is apparently dead, ....).
But I will take a flyer at it (probably on the weekend) and post back with
some proposed fixes.

Thanks,
Mark