Subject: Re: ATI Mobility Radeon X1700 video card supported by X?
To: Alasdair Reed <alasdair@iprimus.com.au>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/24/2007 12:10:19
Alasdair Reed <alasdair@iprimus.com.au> writes:

> Trying to set NetBSD 3.1 up on an ASUS F3Jp laptop, having some
> difficulty setting up X does anyone know what the correct entries in
> XF86config are for the ATI Mobility Radeon X1700 video card, or even
> if it is supported by X?  I have seen conflicting things on the net
> about this.

I have a Thinkpad T60 with what I think is an ATI X1300.  IIRC I used X
-configure and then the VESA driver and it is almost completely ok.  The
only problem is that switching back to text consoles leaves the fonts
doubled; I think two things are confused about the state of 'expansion'
and are both doing it.  There is also a Linux ATI binary driver that
Brian de Alwis got to work:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2006/08/22/0005.html