Subject: Re: textproc/p5-XML-Simple broken (was: CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/p5-XML-SAX)
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/16/2007 18:37:06
On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 05:28:37PM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:
> Bernd Ernesti wrote:
>
> > I don't know why, but I have the feeling that this or one of the
> > other updates in this area broke textproc/p5-XML-Simple:
> >
> > ===> Configuring for p5-XML-Simple-2.16
> > => Checking for portability problems in extracted files
> > Can't locate object method "new" via package "XML::LibXML::SAX" at /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.
> > 8.0/XML/SAX/ParserFactory.pm line 43.
> > Checking installed modules ...
> > *** Error code 2
>
> Do you have installed p5-XML-LibXML at all?

# pkg_info |grep p5-XML
p5-XML-Parser-2.34nb5 Perl extension interface to James Clark's XML parser, expat
p5-XML-NamespaceSupport-1.09 Perl module to the SAX2 NamespaceSupport class
p5-XML-SAX-0.15     Perl interface to the SAX2 XML Parser
p5-XML-Writer-0.601 Perl module for writing XML documents
p5-XML-LibXML-Common-0.13nb6 Routines and constants common for XML::LibXML and XML::GDOME

So no, because I'm doing a pkg_chk update and p5-XML-LibXML was out of date:
 textproc/p5-XML-LibXML - p5-XML-LibXML-1.62.001 < p5-XML-LibXML-1.63
so it was removed but not the p5-XML-SAX package because it was up to date.

> If not, then I suppose your
> registry of XML parsers is messed up, which would support my case of
> automatic parser registration, which the commit was all about.

I don't fully get it what you mean here.

But it sounds like this change requires a PKGREVISION bump of all affected packages.

> >From the error message, I conclude that you do _not_ have p5-XML-LibXML
> installed but ParserDetails.ini probably contains
>
> -----8<------

[..]

Yes, thats the content of this file.

> As a solution, you could delete the sections [XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]
> and [XML::LibXML::SAX] manually.
> As an alternative, deinstall p5-XML-SAX and every package which depends
> on it and make sure the file ParserDetails.ini is gone. Then reinstall
> from current pkgsrc as needed. Registration of parsers at install time
> and removal at deinstall time should be done automatically.

A try to deinstall results in this problem:

original MD5 checksum failed, not deleting: /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/XML/SAX/ParserDetails.ini

So the file is still there :(

I manually deleted it and then the problem is gone.

Thank you for the hint.

Bernd