Subject: Mac OS X: math/R doesn't install files
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/05/2007 13:39:12
The R package uses GNUmake to run "gnumake install" on Mac OS X, but this
results in no files being installed:

 	===> Installing for R-2.4.1nb2
 	=> Generating pre-install file lists
 	=> Running PRE-INSTALL script actions
 	gnumake[1]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
 	gnumake[1]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
 	installing doc ...
 	/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../NEWS "/Volumes/pkgsrc/pkg/R.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/doc"
 	installing doc/html ...

The full build log is available at http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/R-mac.log

I've looked at the package's installation on NetBSD, the GNUmake installed
from the gmake package works fine there. I've tried installing devel/gmake
manually and then ran "gmake install" inside the work-directoy, but the
effects were the same.

FWIW, I'm using pkgsrc and installed packages via a .dmg file that's
formatted as case-sensitive HFS+.

How to kick gnumake/gmake into doing its work?

  - Hubert