Subject: Dynamically generating x11-links
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/05/2007 03:13:31
I recently had a problem on SPARC Solaris 10, where kde was failing to
build because x11-links parckage did not provide up to date links to
files under /usr/openwin/lib. It looks like the symbolic links are
generated from a static file, which was created on Solaris 9, hence some
links were not up to date. I think it would be much better to
dynamically generate symbolic links.

I had to run the following commands to bring x11-links/files/openwin
file up to date. Why not just directly put them into Makefile and add
some logic for dynamically creating sybolic links?? Is anyone interested
in implementing this?

find /usr/openwin/include/ -type f -o -type l | sed
's;^/usr/openwin/;;g' > /tmp/incl.out
find /usr/openwin/lib/ -name "*\.so*" | sed 's;^/usr/openwin/;;g' >
/tmp/lib.out
cat /tmp/incl.out /tmp/lib.out > openwin