Re: Working on chat/pidgin -- working, sort of

On Sat, June 2, 2007 9:36 pm, Jan Danielsson wrote:

> Hey all,
>
>    It has cost me some of my sanity, but I believe that I have libpurple
> (the IM client backend) working, and the Gtk client frontend
> (pidgin) working properly. The console client (finch) does not build
> due to some curses problems.

On DragonFly 1.8.2, libpurple does not build:

[wrapper.sh] note: The real command line, after the pkgsrc wrapper, was:
/usr/obj/pkgsrc/chat/libpurple/work/.compiler/bin/fortran-fail-wrapper
-print-search-dirs
-I/usr/obj/pkgsrc/chat/libpurple/work/.buildlink/include
-L/usr/obj/pkgsrc/chat/libpurple/work/.buildlink/lib
dragonfly ld.so
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking for perl... /usr/obj/pkgsrc/chat/libpurple/work/.tools/bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
required for intltool
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/chat/libpurple
WARNING: *** Please consider adding USE_LANGUAGES+=c++ to the package
Makefile.
WARNING: *** Please consider adding USE_LANGUAGES+=fortran to the package
Makefile.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/chat/libpurple

Also, I think I caught a separate error - (assuming I'm using build
variables right)

libpurple is looking at the wrong variable for build options:

===> Installing dependencies for libpurple-0.0.1
The supported build options for libpurple are:

        debug gnutls perl silc tcl

The currently selected options are:

        gnutls silc

You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
or the following variable.  Its current value is shown:

        PKG_OPTIONS.pidgin (not defined)

so the pidgin variables of -gstreamer and -gtkspell will cause an error
when set for PKG_OPTIONS.pidgin since libpurple doesn't use them:

ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
ERROR: The following selected options are not supported: -gstreamer
-gtkspell.