Re: x11-links on SPARC Solaris 10

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Raymond Meyer wrote:

> Hi, the package that creates x11-links on SPARC Solaris does not include all
> the necessary links. I was compiling x11/kdebase3 and it failed with the
> following error:
>
> ld: fatal: library -lXau: not found
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
> .libs/libkdeinit_ksmserver.so
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake[3]: *** [libkdeinit_ksmserver.la] Error 1
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory
> `/opt/pkg.obj/x11/kdebase3/work.ultra10/kdebase-3.5.7/ksmserver'
>
> I looked under /opt/pkg/share/x11-links/lib and there were no symbolic links
> to /usr/openwin/lib/libXau.so files.
>
> So creating symbolic links by hand to /usr/openwin/lib/{libXau.so,
> libXau.so.6} under
>
> /opt/pkg/share/x11-links/lib
> /opt/pkg.obj/x11/kdebase3/work.ultra10/.buildlink/lib
>
> fixed the compilation problem.

I am just guessing ... but maybe you installed the x11-links package from
somewhere that didn't have libXau so link didn't exist or maybe it was
installed previously to installing libXau.

Can you try uninstalling x11-links package, doing a "make clean" in
pkgtools/x11-links and reinstalling it?

> My question is: do I need to submit a PR or will the mainainer of x11-links
> package fix the issue after reading this email?

PR would be good. You may want to wait until we figure out the problem.

  Jeremy C. Reed