Subject: building packages for other NetBSD releases
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2007.salmi.ch>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/31/2007 12:05:30
Hi,

I need to build packages for NetBSD 3 and 4 systems on a -current
NetBSD system (all of them i386). So far I've been doing this by setting
up chroot environments using NetBSD 3 and 4 sets on the -current system
and using pkgtools/libkver inside these chroots. That's probably similar
to what pkgtools/pkg_comp does, though I've never used pkg_comp.

This used to work fine until the newlock2 branch was merged to NetBSD's
HEAD. Since then, building e.g. the OpenLDAP packages doesn't work
anymore:

$ cd databases/openldap-client && make
[...]
===> configure-message [openldap-client-2.3.32] ===> Configuring for openldap-client-2.3.32
=> Modifying GNU configure scripts to avoid --recheck
=> Replacing config-guess with pkgsrc versions
=> Replacing config-sub with pkgsrc versions
[...]
checking for _beginthread... no
checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking POSIX thread version... 10
checking for LinuxThreads pthread.h... no
checking for GNU Pth pthread.h... no
checking sched.h usability... yes
checking sched.h presence... yes
checking for sched.h... yes
checking for pthread_create in default libraries... no
checking for pthread link with -kthread... no
checking for pthread link with -pthread... no
checking for pthread link with -pthreads... no
checking for pthread link with -mthreads... no
checking for pthread link with -thread... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthread -lmach -lexc -lc_r... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthread -lmach -lexc... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthread -Wl,-woff,85... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthread... no
checking for pthread link with -lc_r... no
checking for pthread link with -threads... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthreads -lmach -lexc -lc_r... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthreads -lmach -lexc... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthreads -lexc... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthreads... no
configure: error: could not locate usable POSIX Threads
*** Error code 1

I [1]posted the relevant part of the failing configure program to
current-users some weeks ago.

So, what's the "supported" way of building packages for other NetBSD
releases on a NetBSD system? Or is this considered to be a bug in
OpenLDAP configure script's thread detection?

Regards, Jukka

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2007/04/26/0006.html

--
bashian roulette: