Re: MesaLib-dri 6.5.3+patches package in pkgsrc-wip

On 25/05/07, Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
I'm using this package now with modular-xorg-server-mesa653 (redux).

Is this the package in wip? I just cvs updated it and...

If anyone's
having issues with DRI on NetBSD, please try these packages and let me know how
it goes.  It's working out exceedingly well for me.  I get ~850fps at
1024x768@24bit full-screen with glxgears at 25% CPU (Radeon
X800/R423).  In the default window, I get ~4000fps (yes, I know
glxgears is not a benchmark, but I don't know of anything else, heh).
Xfce's compositing feature works very well.

If you're using x86, I recommend using the assembly dispatch routines,
which--along with the drivers--are now selectable via the options
framework.

... don't see any options about these ('make show-options' shows only
'dri', which is ofcourse enabled).

 Also, one may set the path where the drivers are installed
(relative to ${PREFIX}) via the DRI_MODULE_PATH variable.  See the
Makefile for details.

There is no DRI_MODULE_PATH variable in the Makefile here.

Regards,

--Blair

Cheers,

Chavdar Ivanov

(BTW, I also have the keyboard issue with Xorg7.3 as described by the
replace this with e.g. ttyE4, it works, but the keyboard output
*occasionaly* goes to a console tty).