Subject: Re: Opera broken on NetBSD4/i386?
To: Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/25/2007 00:45:10
On 24/05/07, Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 00:20:01 +0200, Holger Weiss <lists@jhweiss.de> wrote=
:

> > * Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu> [2007-05-25 00:02]:
> >> Opera is broken on NetBSD4/i386, pkgsrc current.
> >> Netbsd 4.0BETA_2 was taken from the daily builds 3 days ago.
> >>
> >> I have the following errors:
> >>
> >>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
> >>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
> >>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
> >>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
> >>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
> >>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
> >>   opera: Failed to allocate shared memory 65536
> >
> > I've seen this after upgrading to Opera 9.20 on NetBSD 4.99.19,
> > increasing the available SysV IPC memory made Opera happy again:
> >
> >       $ sysctl -w kern.ipc.shmmaxpgs=3D16384
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> This command does remove the error messages, but does not resolve my
> problem. I noticed it is not entirely broken too.
>
> If I try to load a webpage from an IP address (like my local server),
> it works.
>
> If I try the same with an hostname added to /etc/hosts, it works too.
> It works even if the server is not local.
>
> If I try with an hostname from a DNS server it doesn't work.

Any chance you have got some rogue /usr/pkg/emul/linux/etc/resolv.conf file=
?

As for the others, I have

maxusers        128
options         CHILD_MAX=3D640
options         OPEN_MAX=3D256
options         SHMMAXPGS=3D32000
options         SHMSEG=3D128
options         SEMMNI=3D128
options         SEMMNS=3D512
options         SEMMNU=3D128
options         SEMMAP=3D128
options         SEMUME=3D128

in my GENERIC.local (AFAIR from the time I ran some heavier database
tests) and Opera has always worked just fine, including name
resolution, both at home with DHCP and in the office - fixed IP with
NIS and DNS.

BTW I just hacked the local package to get version 9.21, which works
fine. Also if you have   Sun jre installed, you can modify
/usr/pkg/emul/linux/usr/bin/opera to search for the Java environment
there (obviously the original script from Opera does not check for
/usr/pkg/java/sun-1.5) and Java works just fine with it.

> Other applications (like elinks) doesn't have any problem.
>
> --
> Lo=EFc Hoguin
> Dev:Extend

Chavdar Ivanov