Subject: Re: Opera broken on NetBSD4/i386?
To: Holger Weiss <lists@jhweiss.de>
From: Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/25/2007 00:35:27
On Fri, 25 May 2007 00:20:01 +0200, Holger Weiss <lists@jhweiss.de> wrote:

> * Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu> [2007-05-25 00:02]:
>> Opera is broken on NetBSD4/i386, pkgsrc current.
>> Netbsd 4.0BETA_2 was taken from the daily builds 3 days ago.
>>
>> I have the following errors:
>>
>>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
>>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
>>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
>>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
>>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
>>   shmget: Cannot allocate memory
>>   opera: Failed to allocate shared memory 65536
>
> I've seen this after upgrading to Opera 9.20 on NetBSD 4.99.19,
> increasing the available SysV IPC memory made Opera happy again:
>
> 	$ sysctl -w kern.ipc.shmmaxpgs=16384

Thanks for your reply.

This command does remove the error messages, but does not resolve my
problem. I noticed it is not entirely broken too.

If I try to load a webpage from an IP address (like my local server),
it works.

If I try the same with an hostname added to /etc/hosts, it works too.
It works even if the server is not local.

If I try with an hostname from a DNS server it doesn't work.

Other applications (like elinks) doesn't have any problem.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend