Re: cdrtools vs cdrtools-ossdvd

  [cdrtools working better than cdrtolls-ossdvd]

  I sent a mail to netbsd-users mailing list and got a reply from Joerg
  Schilling saying that I should try the original software package,
  i.e. cdrtools as it has support for writing DVDs. In his opinion
  cdrtools-ossdvd comes with a patch that is not actively maintained and
  was done by people who did not have a good understanding of the
  original author's software.

Basically this is a fork situation and it's a bit fraught with perils
because there are varying opinions.  I've been using cdrtool-ossdvd for
a long time and it works well for cds and DVD-R, but I've been using
growisofs from dvd+rw-tools.

I notice that there is a newer patch for -ossdvd, and it's only half as
big as the current one.  That is likely a sign of some of the features
being added by the patch being included in the base cdrtools.

If you'd like to send a patch for DESCR of cdrtools that says what it
can do (being careful about +R and -R since they seem quite different),
that would be helpful.

I don't think it's reasonable to remove cdrtools-ossdvd right now.  The
test I use for pkgsrc removal is that no one would reasonably want to
use it, and I don't think we're there yet.