Subject: Re: Solaris 10 sparc pkgsrc will not build databases/db4
To: Roland Illig <rillig@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Spitzer <mspitzer@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/24/2007 12:56:03
On 5/24/07, Roland Illig <rillig@netbsd.org> wrote:
> Marc Spitzer wrote:
> > On 5/19/07, Marc Spitzer <mspitzer@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am trying to build db4 on solaris 10 sparc I have not been able to
> >> figure out wht the problem is.  I have attached a typscript of the
> >> build process.
>
> The C++ library is only built as a static library
> (.libs/libdb4_cxx-4.4.a), not as a shared library (*.so), but I don't
> know why.
>
> Since the typescript is from February, I ask you to update your pkgsrc
> and to try again. Maybe it has been fixed meanwhile.

updating my pkgsrc tree now will rebuild when done.  The thing I found
odd is the silent failure of the creation of the .so file.  Are there
any other files I could attach that would help?

> By the way, I tried to reproduce it, and for me it works (using sunpro
> as the compiler).

perhaps the compiler hates me??  I did kick a fax machine once, they
might have talked.

> Roland

Thanks for the help.

marc
--
Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
Albert Camus