wip/gtypist and missing makeinfo error

Hello

When building gtypsit I get the following error:

touch elc-stamp
WARNING: Warnings can be ignored. :-)
if test no != no; then  set x;  list='gtypist-mode.el'; for p in $list; do  if
test -f "$p"; then d=; else d="./"; fi;  set x "$@" "$d$p"; shift;  done;
shift;  EMACS=no /bin/sh ../elisp-comp "$@" || exit 1;  else : ; fi
touch elc-stamp
Making all in doc
Updating version.texi
/usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/gtypist/work/.tools/bin/makeinfo   -I .  -o gtypist.info
`test -f 'gtypist.texi' || echo './'`gtypist.texi
WARNING: `makeinfo' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified a `.texi' or `.texinfo' file, or any other file
         indirectly affecting the aspect of the manual.  The spurious
         call might also be the consequence of using a buggy `make' (AIX,
         DU, IRIX).  You might want to install the `Texinfo' package or
         the `GNU make' package.  Grab either from any GNU archive site.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/gtypist/work/gtypist-2.7/doc
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/gtypist/work/gtypist-2.7
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/gtypist/work/gtypist-2.7
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/gtypist
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/gtypist

But /usr/bin/makeinfo exists and I haven't modified anything - docs or
otherwise.

Any idea what's wrong?

TIA

  -jr