Subject: Re: error installing qmail with patches
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@pkgsrc.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/23/2007 17:28:18
netbsd-users@rmroppert.de wrote:

> ERROR: Patch qregex-20060423.patch failed
> ERROR: ==========================================================================
> ERROR:
> ERROR: Some of the selected build options and/or local patches may be incompatible.
> ERROR: Please try building with fewer options or patches.
> ERROR:
> ERROR: ==========================================================================
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/qmail
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/qmail
> ##################################################################
>

> Have anyone an idea what is going wrong?
> If i do not use the qregex-patch, i got the error with qmail-realrcptto

The error message is telling the truth. Not all combinations of these
patches apply cleanly. Some do, of course. Here's mine:

$ pkg_info -Q PKG_OPTIONS qmail
qmail-bigdns qmail-netqmail qmail-realrcptto qmail-viruscan syncdir

If you think about the features each patch implements, you probably
don't actually want all three of qregex, realrcptto, and badrcptto. I
certainly wouldn't expect them to play well together out of the box. I
recommend that you choose one to start with and see how it goes.

If you really do want a combination that doesn't apply cleanly, remove
them from PKG_OPTIONS and merge the patches by hand. Then you can use
pkgsrc's LOCALPATCHES feature to find and apply your custom patch.