Re: beginnings of gcc-4.2.0 (20070501 prerelease) in pkgsrc-wip

On 09/05/07, Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
Do we want the fixincludes/fixproto stuff to be done?  I've gotten
some annoying problems due to that, such as cascading warnings
complaining about  certain feature tests being undefined when they
certainly were.  I'm thinking about adding STMP_FIXINC= and
STMP_FIXPROTO= to t-netbsd.  Also, I'd like to know why it seems to
have issues detecting the thread library automagically.

There was something else, too, but I forgot.  I'm going to set up a
xen machine to play around with this as I have to have a working
system to accomplish real world tasks. ;)

Just for information. I hacked your wip/gcc42 (snapshot) package and
got the release 4.2 compile and run apparently properly on i386 under
-current. I left it running 'make test' - I don't know how long it is
supposed to go for; I'll see tomorrow if it has passed them reasonably
well.

Regards,

--Blair

Cheers,