Subject: Re: Anyone working on KDE4?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/18/2007 22:55:20
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 03:43:25PM +0100, Raymond Meyer wrote:
> > No, it's not defined, why would that be? Do I need to rebuild GCC with
> > special options for that to be defined?
>
> I'd expect Solaris 10 to have the macros. If that variable is not
> defined, isnan and isinf are not provided as C++ templates and thus
> ::isnan doesn't work.

Well, it might not win Most Helpful Comment award, but istm the code is
wrong.

A C++ compiler is under no obligation to support C99 code, and the C++
standard library supports afaict equivalent functionality in
std::numeric_limits (#include <limit>).  I'd patch the code and let the
KDE folks know.

Just one man's opinion, of course, and perhaps I misunderstand.

--jkl