Subject: Re: Solaris/SPARC: default compiler
To: Ulrich Habel <uli@habel.name>
From: Mehul N. Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/14/2007 10:21:08
Ulrich Habel said the following on 5/14/2007 4:17 AM:
>>        Thanks.  This indeed seems to the be the place where it is picking up
>> its mk.conf file.
>
> Huh, right - this is a problem. In my pkgsrc bootstrap kit I am using a
> symlink to point /etc/mk.conf to /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf. It saved myself
> from alot of trouble. The bootstrap kit was made for SUN Compilers,
> maybe I should build one for gcc :)

Yes that would be great if it used gcc.

> You can find the bootstrapkit packaged as Solaris package at:
>
> http://sunpkg.de/packages/bootstrap-kits/NetBSDpkgsrc-bootstrap-Solaris-9-sparc.pkg.gz
>

> btw. you are using a cool BINSITE :) Make sure to install lots of
> packages from there and spread the word about it :) I need more traffic
> on the page.

Not a problem.  I was glad to make use of it.  I would have done this myself,
if I had the resources for it.  One of the packages I wanted was gcc34, but
that doesn't seem to be built.  I'm trying to build it, but it can't seem to
find g++, even though its there in the PATH in /usr/local/bin !

cheers,

     mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi