Re: pkgsrc locking is still broken!

On Fri, 11 May 2007 10:40:41 +0200
Roland Illig <rillig%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> $ cd pkgsrc/x11/gtk2
> $ make help topic=locking
> $ make help topic=wrkdir_locktype
>
> (The recommended setting for WRKDIR_LOCKTYPE is "once", not "sleep".)
>
> Roland

I set PKGSRC_LOCKTYPE=sleep because I don't want one of the processes to exit.
If multiple processes try to build the same package, they will acquire a lock
and sleep until the package has been built, then they should continue building
any dependant packages. Well that's the theory.

What's the difference between PKGSRC_LOCKTYPE, WRKDIR_LOCKTYPE and
LOCALBASE_LOCKTYPE? And what do you mean by "recommended" setting? If other
settings are allowed but they break pkgsrc locking, then they shouldn't be
allowed.