Subject: [alnsn@yandex.ru: Re: imake and nas on Debian GNU/Linux]
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Nasonov <alnsn@yandex.ru>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 05/06/2007 00:31:35
sorry, I forgot to include the list when replying to Klaus.

----- Forwarded message from Alexander Nasonov <alnsn@yandex.ru> -----

Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 19:49:54 +0400
To: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.mai.sieben@kh-22.de>
From: Alexander Nasonov <alnsn@yandex.ru>
Subject: Re: imake and nas on Debian GNU/Linux

Klaus Heinz wrote:
> Alexander Nasonov wrote:
>
> > $ xmkmf
>     ^^^^^
> I suppose this is the problem.
> This looks like you tried to build nas outside of pkgsrc. If everything
> is set up correctly (ie, with pkgtools/xpkgwedge installed), the
> configure script of audio/nas is supposed to call pkgxmkmf (look for xmkmf
> in pkgsrc/mk/tools/replace.mk).

Well, you're right, I tried it outside but before that I was building
my packages with pkg_chk. I forgot to mention that I use modular-xorg.

To further prove it, I built a sandbox, ran bootstrap, set X11_TYPE to
modular and tried to build audio/nas. It failed again.

Below is list of installed packages:

bootstrap-mk-files-20061111 *.mk files for the bootstrap bmake utility
bmake-20051105nb3   Portable (autoconf) version of NetBSD 'make' utility
tnftp-20050625      The enhanced FTP client in NetBSD
mtree-20040722      Utility for mapping and checking directory hierarchies
pax-20060202        POSIX standard archiver with many extensions
pkg_install-20070416 Package management and administration tools for pkgsrc
digest-20060826     Message digest wrapper utility
libtool-base-1.5.22nb4 Generic shared library support script (the script itself)
bzip2-1.0.4         Block-sorting file compressor
pkg-config-0.21     System for managing library compile/link flags
xproto-7.0.10       X protocol and ancillary headers from Xorg X11
xorg-cf-files-1.0.2nb1 Xorg imake rules
makedepend-1.0.1    Dependency generator for make
imake-1.0.2nb1      Imake and other utilities from modular X.org
xextproto-7.0.2     XExt extension headers from X.org
inputproto-1.4.1    Input extension headers from X.org
kbproto-1.0.3       KB extension headers from X.org
printproto-1.0.3    Print extension headers from X.org
bigreqsproto-1.0.2  BigReqs extension headers from modular Xorg X11
xcmiscproto-1.1.2   XCMisc extension headers from X.org
xf86bigfontproto-1.1.2 XF86BigFont extension headers from X.org
xtrans-1.0.3        Network API translation layer to insulate X
libXau-1.0.3        Authorization Protocol for X from X.org
libXdmcp-1.0.2      X Display Manager Control Protocol library from X.org
libX11-1.1.1nb1     Base X libraries from modular Xorg X11
libXext-1.0.3       X Extension library
libICE-1.0.3        Inter Client Exchange (ICE) library for X
libSM-1.0.2         X Session Management Library
libXt-1.0.5         X Toolkit Intrinsics library
libXmu-1.0.3        X Miscellaneous Utilities library
libXp-1.0.0         X Print Service Extension Library
libXpm-3.5.6        X PixMap Library from modular Xorg X11
libXaw-1.0.3        X Athena Widgets Library from modular Xorg X11

PS I had to s/1$/1x/ in imake's PLIST.
PPS xpkgwedge is incompatible with modular.
--
Alexander Nasonov
http://nasonov.blogspot.com

...I hope that we will hear no more of all ways of life and all cultures
being equally valid, which none of us truly believes but which many
people mouth in order to appear broad-minded and generous of spirit. --
Armand Nicholi Jr. --

This quote is generated by:
	/usr/pkg/bin/curl -L http://tinyurl.com/veusy         \
	  | sed -e 's/^document\.write(.//' -e 's/.);$/ --/'  \
	        -e 's/<[^>]*>//g' -e 's/^More quotes from //' \

----- End forwarded message -----