Re: pkg_comp and xorg

On Thu, 03 May 2007 20:11:04 +0307
"Ja'far Railton" <ibn.richard%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have been trying out pkg_comp.  Can pkg_comp be used with xorg, i.e.
> without installing x{*}.tgz sets in the sandbox?  If so, how does the
> xorg directory get accessed?

Yes, it can be done.  Note that xorg is a package and has to be
installed like any other package.  If you already have it installed
and don't want to rebuild it, use pkg_tarup to create .tgz files and
use the pkg_comp facilities to install those binaries before doing the
build.  (Also, make sure your mk.conf specifying xorg is copied to the
build area, and that you delete the x*.tgz files from the distribution
sets to be installed.)